Self Builders and Interior Design

Are you a lover of Grand Designs on TV, with Kevin Mccloud? Grand designs has returned to our screens, celebrating 25 yrs of this iconic Property Show. How many times do they get to the big reveal at the end and the homeowners are completely despondent and disillusioned? 

That's the only downside to this show, at a time when the self builders have achieved their dream home, they should feel enthusiastic and energised. 

I visited Build it Live in Malvern earlier in the year, which is a fantastic show for aspiring Self Builders to gain knowledge and learn about suppliers and innovative techniques to self build.  Yet, I didn't see many interior designers there. Now while I personally see this as an opportunity.  It got me thinking about the whole process of Self Building. 

Decision making fatigue is a thing, especially on an astronomical project like building your home, but surely we can together make it a more enjoyable experience.  

I always beat the drum about the fact that WE, interior designers are here to help you design your dream home into reality. At a time when there are so many choices to be made, it's definitely worth exploring, the appointment of an interior designer.  Let's face it, you rarely see self builders picking up the bricks and mortar, so why should it be different for the internal parts of your home?? 

I offer Online Room Reviews for example, which are a more affordable way of gaining interior designers expertise, but my biggest suggestion is to ensure that you allocate a budget in the planning stages to interior design.  The best way to describe it is.  How disappointing is it to watch an episode of Grand Designs and see that Landscaping was an after thought.  It's so obvious that the exterior of a home plot is as important as the build itself and the same should be said for interior design. 

Self Build is a massively brave & thrilling journey and I hope that by working with me, just helps you to enjoy the process just that bit more. 

Good luck & have fun.

#Countrylife #Interiordesign #interiordesigner 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog about Blogs

Holiday inspiration for your next interior design project.

Decorex line up 2026