Improving Cultures through Workplace Design
Office blocks are found in every town and City. And over the years I have worked & visited many. Have I felt inspired, motivated and enlightened??
Mmm, I'd have to say, while I have liked some of the furniture and desk space, I believe that they could be so much more then they are.
I truly believe since the Pandemic, when everyone was working from home, many companies have been making a concerted effort to get staff back into the Office ( I did say many not all) and this has resulted in some truly remarkable innovative office designs. I'd say the best I've come across has to be Yorkshire Housing, they haven't just changed the office design, they re-evaluated their whole way of working & put their staff at the forefront of the Organisation. Plus they have a great Podcast #RaisingtheRoof, which is well worth tuning into if you have an interest in Housing and Business. It's excellently hosted by YH CEO Nick Atkin.
Workplace design will depend on a number of factors, location (Home office), existing building, and lease conditions, yet there is so much scope to redesigning these places (Whereby we spend so much of our time btw) to improve cultures, increase productivity and spark innovation.
Please, please, please no more white or magnolia walls and tiled floor carpets with row upon row of office desks. We are humans not robots on a production line.
It's time to experiment with your office interiors like we do with our homes. Periodically, changing the design to invigorate & delight us.
Oh and please add this redesign to your Corporate plan as a cyclical program, every 5 years should do it. You do want to be able to attract the best talent out there dont you & the environment they work in gives them a reason to stay & feel valued. It aids building first rate cultures.
If you're looking to refresh your home office or work offices, then do get intouch.
#Countrylife #Interiordesign #interiordesigner
Comments
Post a Comment