Mosaics are perfect for novice crafters.

I'd love to be more arty, I just not sure id be any good at it!, does this resonate with you? 

The beauty of Mosiac art, is you have complete artistic license to give it a try.  You could start with a small design and work from there. As the pieces, be it ceramics, glass or small tiles are different shapes and sizes, you can create a beautiful design at first attempt. 

On my recent monthly visits to the Birmingham Library.  I picked up a great book with a Step by step guide: Mosiacs & How to embellish glass & ceramics by Hermes House publishers. 

It's a perfect book that will hold your hand through out your Mosaic art piece.  Having previously worked in the Wellbeing space, I understand the importance of investing in your own Wellness and crafts are fabulous for that. You just need to find the right craft for you and Mosaics is a Brilliant place to start for sure.  

The first mosaic I completed was on a garden Bistro set. We had just completed our house Renovation and I had lots of tiles left over.  I really loved them, obviously that's why I chose them for the house and wanted to put them to good use.  The bistro set was plain in colour and was just crying out to be embellished.  And the rest is history.  I was absolutely delighted with the finished results and you will be to.

Mosiacs are endlessly adaptable and steeped in history as a craft.  We visited Cheltenham last month and discovered a building covered in sparkly tiles similar to the Gaudi's Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona. 

The first step is to find your inspiration. Then you could start with a small design piece.  An old jam jar or garden pot. As you become more skilled, you can move on to more complex and intricate designs.  That's the beauty of this medium, the more you practice the better you become.  

This truly is a great way to introduce yourself in to a mindful activity and you can create a practical item that you use in your home.  

#Countrylife #Interiordesign #interiordesigner 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog about Blogs

Holiday inspiration for your next interior design project.

Decorex line up 2026