The benefits in being Bolder in our Interior design choices.

Are you playing it safe when it comes to your home interior choices? One huge trend in using grey palettes in our homes and I'm curious as to the psychological impact of this on our life choices and our success outcomes. 

What do I mean by this? Well, is it like whether you live in your comfort zone or could you achieve greatness by being bolder? This could be influencing our behaviours in our society and homes. 

Perhaps now is the time to be more experimental in our interior design projects. I've delved deeper in to, whether their is research in this area and this is my findings. 

Studies associate boldness with enhanced resilience, better cognitive performance under stress, stronger stress management, and a higher capacity for career persistence. So how does this transpire in our homes?

Being bolder in interior design; such as using vivid colors, maximalist patterns, and strong architectural contours, offers documented psychological benefits, including heightened mood regulation, increased personal self-expression, and reduced clutter anxiety. Studies indicate that vibrant surroundings prevent habituation and sustain long-term engagement.

Research highlights specific mechanisms where bold or maximalist choices positively impact mental health and cognitive function. 

Here's an interesting articles that explores colour psychology and the power of design:

https://www.rockfon.co.uk/about-us/blog/2022/interior-colour-design-for-wellbeing/

Take a look at this study that was carried out at a University in America. 

https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC6120989/

I find this a fascinating topic and I hope you do to and all I ask is that you give this your consideration when either working with an interior designer or when you take on your own DIY makeover project. 

We could all be bolder in life to achieve our own levels of greatness, so starting this in our homes sounds like a great place to start. 

I'm going to be giving a talk at Business in Bewdley BiB networking event on Thursday 25th June on " How Successful lives are created in our home interior choices ", come and learn how our emotions influence us much more than we ever realise.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/business-in-bewdley-networking-bib-tickets-1982673237024

#Countrylife #Interiordesign #interiordesigner 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog about Blogs

Holiday inspiration for your next interior design project.

Decorex line up 2026